Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday

Turning the thermostat down on the mattress pad may have helped, but a lot of other things intervened and sleep last night (sans Benadryl) was not great. We had dogs and cats on the bed, Lee's got foot issues that are causing him pain, and I spent about an hour, early on, trying to deal with really horrible leg cramps.

Which totally don't make sense right now. I'm eating rather broadly - more carby since we got back from vacation than I think I should - and taking both multi-vitamins and specific magnesium and potassium supplements. I should be in decent electrolyte balance, but apparently, I'm not. The cramps last night were definitely mineral balance cramps - sharp, abrupt, and accompanied by giant fasciculation, more than I can ever recall having before. After the first batch, I put magnesium oil on both legs, but that didn't stop things; I think I finally had to get up and walk around the house to work them out. Not unlike the night at the movies. 

Now once they died down, I got to sleep, but I know I tossed and turned a lot, and still found myself hitting the "preheat" button on the mattress pad several times, as well as knocking the temperature setting down to its lowest level. I woke enough to look at the clock at 2:47 and 3:47, and gave up for good at 4:47 (one-hour playlists between each time-check). 

That said, I feel quite a bit better than yesterday - the fog has lifted, and the other weird symptoms are pretty much gone.

Crap eating yesterday, and 158.0 this morning. I really need to get under control again. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • 2 grilled shrimp
  • a naked hamburger with lettuce and tomato
  • chips and salsa
  • stacked cheese enchiladas (3 tortillas) with green chile
  • 1 chocolate peanut butter cup
  • walnuts
  • 1 tsp honey
We went to bed last night before 8, and I was asleep shortly after 8, I believe (and back awake around 9:30 with the leg cramps). So maybe waking at 4 or 5 isn't so bad, and maybe I'm feeling relatively alert because I actually got enough sleep. Maybe.

In any event, sleep, such as it was last night, was on melatonin and magnesium and honey. If we could have a less-eventful night, those 3 and the lower mattress temp might be enough. Tonight, though, is at a hotel, and I have a Benadryl with me, and will be taking it. Because I get to drive home tomorrow in snow, and need my faculties.

No comments:

Post a Comment