Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday

Sleep wasn't so great last night. The brainwave app got me to sleep quite quickly (after it finished, I took the headphones off and knew no more), but I was awake again (in the "hello morning" sense) at 10:55. I didn't want to put the headphones back in - they're not terribly comfortable - so I used the sleep timer on iHeartRadio and listened to the radio for an hour using the pillow speaker - but fell asleep pretty quickly, since I don't remember any of it. Apparently the dogs were fussy around midnight, and Lee got up and let them out. I remember him getting up, but hadn't heard the dogs. He also says that I was talking - to someone named "Ralph" - in my sleep at one point. I remember waking again at 2:21, and put the radio on again, thinking it was on the sleep timer, but was enough awake after 3:21 to know that it hadn't been. Woke for good around 5:20. It was hot, and I was doing a lot of covers-adjustment; I think the night sweats are on the uptick again, unfortunately. The lesson from tonight was, I think, to suck it up and use the headphones and the app if I wake during the night. Again, I recall dreaming during the night, but not any of the subjects.

I've been using the "stress reduction" program on the brainwave app at work the past 2 days. It seems to put me on an even keel for the day, which is quite nice.

157.6 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (added Turmeric)
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • macadamia nuts
  • 2 squares of "turndown" chocolates - found them in my purse on the way home
  • salad with meat and cheese, and blue cheese dressing
  • 2 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 tsp honey
We managed the gym last night. I got in 1.65 miles of walking using my pace progression playlist, with an average speed of 12:25 min/mile. Not bad. I signed up for the Bolder Boulder over the weekend, to get the earlybird pricing, and since I'll be doing it alone this year (sad face), I'm going to do it for a PR (happy face). I'd very much like to be under 15:00/mile for the whole thing, and ecstatic to be around 13:00. My current PR for a 10K is from 2002 at a 14:53/mile pace, so it would be way fun to beat that - I was 40 at the time. I've requested to go to the gym again tonight, but there's snow threatening, and if my commute home is horrible, I may (wrongly) beg off.

Sleep may have been affected by the walking - I did tweak my right piriformis - at least, it stiffened up a good bit over the course of the evening. Not a huge distraction, though, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

For what it's worth, I am not particularly happy about my weight right now. Pants are verging on not fitting. I think I can get this back under control relatively easily, but am starting to think that managing stress will be key. 

No comments:

Post a Comment