Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday

Snowed in again; we didn't make it to the gym last night. We did make it to a Chinese restaurant.

Sleep wasn't great. I tried something new last night. Having read on a website that progesterone helps with menopause insomnia, I went back to some "natural" progesterone cream I'd tried a while back, put some on after dinner, and had honey and the brainwave app. My ears are getting really tired of the earphones, and once the 10 minutes of "deep sleep" was done, I ended up listening to the radio on the pillow speaker. I don't know how long - I started it after 9:30 and fell asleep before 10. So at that end of things, the brainwave app is still working.  At some point during the night, I think around 2:30, I woke up with my left hip really hurting. I'm not sure why - maybe I'd not moved all night and it was pulling on something. Anyway, I checked the time, and I cannot recall if I put the radio back on then, or an hour later. In any event, I slept reasonably well from then until around 5. So not great, but not all that bad - and without the bodyaches, I might have slept the night through. Still the unattainable dream - no pun intended. And I did dream last night - and recall some of it. So I think I'll repeat the combination of progesterone cream, honey, and the app tonight, with less uncomfortable earphones.

158.8 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • string cheese (6 pieces, in 2 bouts of 3)
  • macadamia nuts
  • cashews
  • 2 dark chocolate peanut butter cups
  • a large bowl (vat) of hot and sour soup
  • 4 skewers of teriyaki beef
  • a fortune cookie
  • 1 tsp honey
I'm not happy with the weight trend at all. I'm struggling hard to stay away from sweets right now, which is annoying after the success I was having doing the Primal Blueprint Challenge before New Orleans. And I know that I'm fighting with stress - even with the help I think the app is providing. Maybe I need another challenge - maybe I can create my own. I'll have to give that some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment