Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday

I am so freaking tired, it's not remotely funny. I took a Benadryl last night, to try to get some sleep. I don't know if it was that, or the fact that I'd hit Moderate on the keto-stick last night, or what, but I slept until 2:45 and my legs started cramping up. Not like the ones I'd had a few years back, though. Not as sharp, and not as easily stopped. If I pointed my toe or bent my leg just wrong, the top of my calf muscle would sort of roll itself into a ball, somewhat slowly and not terribly painfully but in a very distracting way. Eventually, I got up and sprayed magnesium "oil" on my calves and things settled down a bit, at which point I realized that my piriformis muscle was really irritated, and my left IT band was tight enough to use as a guitar string. Tossed and turned with that fun for a while and finally got up to take aspirin, and once it kicked in, I got back to sleep. I think that was after 4 some time. All this time, we were battling the cat, who is very glad we've returned from vacation to the point that she wanted to sleep on my feet all night. I would move, and so would she, and then my calf would cramp a bit so I'd move again, and she'd relocate. Really bad night. I wish she'd go away.

156.4 this morning; my feet were still swollen last night, so I imagine it's water, at least in part. We had Chinese food for dinner, which is also probably part of it. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • macadamia nuts
  • hot and sour soup
  • cashew chicken (with celery and water chestnuts in sauce, no rice)
  • a fortune cookie
  • 1 tsp honey
  • a small quantity of cashews
That was it. The cashews at the end were because I was effing starving at bedtime.

We are eating downtown tonight. I'd rather not, really, but Lee has a meeting down there and seemed to want us to. I guess things will quiet down once Biz goes back to Pennsylvania, which is sort of good and bad, since it's nice having her around again. But at the moment, after 2 weeks of crazy, I'd really like some routine.

Anyway, I hope it's a fairly quiet day. I took some extra potassium at breakfast today, to see if that would sort out my cramping, since last week I managed magnesium supplements pretty regularly (no pun intended), but not potassium, so I might just be out of balance. Maybe I'll get a sugar-free Gatorade on the way home tonight, flush my system with the electrolytes and see if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment