Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday

Frustration is such a destructive emotion. I'm tired of fighting my physiology right now - especially as it seems to be winning. I'm quite aware that I'm having oddball hormones since some time last week, so I'm trying hard not to quit the fight, but when you get up feeling pretty good and find that you've gained nearly 2 pounds overnight (4 since Saturday morning), it's dispiriting, to say the least.

154.4 this morning. My ankles are not swollen, my fingers are not swollen. My back, which hurt like billy-o yesterday, does not hurt. I slept well. And I don't think I ate that much yesterday. So please explain where it came from!

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • strawberries (about a pound, I think)
  • macadamias - half the usual amount
  • 2 brats
  • sauerkraut
  • tomato slices
  • potato chips - far fewer than yesterday, maybe totaling a handful.
  • 4 salted chocolate almonds
  • 1/2 cup cashews
Longer list than usual; I haven't had a chance to log it all, so I don't know the fat percentage. I was showing more than Small ketones at bedtime, too. So of course I gained weight. Sleep was a little broken up, but I was able to get right back to it each time, and had lots of vivid dreams. I feel rested again this morning - so much better than last week.

This week hasn't been conducive to resuming our routine - we had to go to the Apple store for Lee's phone (it went all dead) last night, so no walking, and the massage screwed with Monday night's routine. Tonight, it's just me. I am not making plans at this point, although I'll probably have a big-ass salad for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment