Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday

In a sense, I will be tremendously relieved when Elizabeth departs for Pennsylvania tomorrow morning. Not that I won't miss her, not that I won't continue to think it's very weird that she's moving there at all, but the chaos of the moving activity, along with the dining out and what-not, are doing me in. It's been not-normal at home ever since we got back from South Dakota, and I'm eating utter crap these days.

153.0 this morning; I'm not surprised much. Stress and eating out a lot - not good things. I'm hoping after tomorrow night (my parents are insisting that we dine out to console me at her leaving and because it's my birthday, so I'm going along with it because explanations are too damn hard - oh look, more stress!), we can basically cocoon for a while - eat at home, get walks in either outdoors or at the gym, settle back into a routine.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • macadamia nuts
  • a salad with commercial ranch dressing and some cheese
  • pork roast 
  • tomato slices
  • Southern-style green beans
  • 4 salted chocolate almonds
  • 2 pieces of Kerrygold cheese
  • a third-cup of cashews
I started logging the day but did not finish, so I don't know how it broke down. Probably okayish. Trace ketosis at bedtime. Sleep was adequate - I woke up the first time at 11 pm, which wasn't great, but have found a new soundtrack to soothe me back to sleep which seems to be working pretty well, so I slept the rest of the night - somewhat fitfully, but better than over the weekend. My sore hip is better - whatever I did is like sleeping funny on a shoulder, and I have a knot on the back of my hipbone that is slowly easing up.

I read something yesterday (I think) that has almost convinced me to make sure I'm getting plant fiber in my diet for the intestinal fauna - apparently, keeping them happy and well-fed is crucial to one's immune system. I will not repeat the resistant starch experiment, but I will try to get plants into every day's eating in some way - side salads are probably the easiest way to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment