Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thursday

Finally - we can get back to "normal" for a while. I hope, anyway. We ate out for both breakfast and dinner yesterday; I hit Medium ketosis at bedtime, so I guess I behaved myself, but no change in weight - 153.2 again today. And a gut full of, well, what a gut fills with. I took extra Magnesium at bedtime last night and another one this morning and am hoping to get that sorted soon.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 6 pieces of bacon (Denny's)
  • macadamias - probably 1/4 cup
  • chips and guacamole
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • elk chops with huckleberry sauce
  • a few potatoes sauteed with peppers and onions (also cooled, so maybe some RS?)
  • part of Lee's bison sirloin
  • about 1/2 of a half ear of corn on the cob - didn't eat all of it
Meaty! Had I desired, I could have had bison bone marrow or tongue as an appetizer as well - my excuse was that both came with toast to be put on. Lame, I know; I should have done one of them.

Dinner ran from 6:30 to about 8:00, and we got home, got the dogs a little exercise (i.e., let them wander the house a bit), and crashed. In addition to my 2 magnesium, I took a Benadryl, just to make sure I would sleep (the Mg helps with this as well), and it worked - I did have to listen to the radio a bit to fall asleep, but after that, roused briefly between 4 and 5, and woke for real at 5:25. I so needed that sleep.

Eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast today, and we are planning on salad and a walk tonight, weather permitting. It is threatening snow, although I think that's for tomorrow. Even if it's raining, but not terribly hard, I think I will strap on something waterproof and go out. My hip is still sore, and I think movement would help it - just so far this week, movement has not been an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment