Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday

I thought about skipping posting this morning, but that would be cowardly.

155.8, the scale says. Up TWO POUNDS from this time last week, which was up from the week before.

Should I mention that I'm not currently having hot flashes? Would that help? It doesn't help me.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • two sausage patties
  • a multivitamin
  • one pumpkin-cranberry-pecan-coconut flour muffin
  • about 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
  • 3 soft corn tortilla tacos with ground beef, veg, and cheese
  • ice tea
  • 4 salted dark chocolate almonds
  • 1 finger of scotch
  • 3 pieces of cheese
That was IT. 67% fat, 61 grams of carbs. Trace ketosis at bedtime, even. And considering the day we had yesterday, I think I did admirably. Furthermore, I can probably pull up a dozen or more blog entries right here where a similar day's eating led to significant weight lost. 

However, yesterday was signally bad for stress - the worst this week so far. On the way to work, I followed other cars swerving to avoid something, only to realize that the something was an injured cat - apparently it had been hit just before we got there and definitely still alive. I know I'm strung pretty tightly when something like that really upsets me - and it had me in tears most of the way to work (we did manage to get hold of someone at the sheriff's office, and by the time I got to work (an hour and a bit later), I heard that the cat had been taken away somewhere. 

But that wasn't the worst of it. One of our dogs hadn't been feeling well, and we got word in the afternoon that she has become diabetic. Requiring twice-daily insulin shots and a structured lifestyle with monitoring of her blood sugar. Meaning that I am no longer going on a road trip this afternoon, because Lee can drive a trailer and I mostly can't, so I'm elected the dog nurse.

Personally, I think the Scotch was fully justified.

Anyway, since I'm no longer going away this weekend, I am going to try to do a bit of battery recharge here. Get the eating under control. Get some sunlight and a few walks in. Spend time alone - with the constant meetings at work last week and this, and having to work last weekend, I'm down to one smoking nerve, and need to crawl into a cave for as long as I can manage. I already have tomorrow off, and I'm keeping it off. And I may just spend most of it sitting in the chaise on the front patio, watching the leaves turn, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment