Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday

Still struggling with getting my discipline back; ate dried strawberries all weekend, along with "paleo" baked goods, which are never that low-carb. 153.4 this morning; I saw lower numbers over the weekend, but never for long. Also, we ate Mexican food on Saturday, ostensibly to help Lee's allergies (didn't work - what he has is pinkeye and I hope he really goes to the doctor for it instead of whining), and flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce last night (I made it; can't really blame that one on anybody).

I did manage to get a little exercise yesterday - walked to the grocery store (a bit over a mile, round trip) for eggs to make the "paleo" baked goods with. Almost made it to 5000 steps yesterday - and nearly got out of bed at 10 to walk the 18 steps I was short, but managed to remain sane. Sleep was okayish, although I woke up at 3:30 and didn't really go back to sleep.

I don't think I will list yesterday's eating. What I notice is, at the moment, I'm doing a lot of stress-nibbling; I want to be chewing a lot, and that leads to the strawberries and cashews, and if my resistance is really low, potato chips. Life is a bit topsy-turvy just now, so that could be the source of the issue.

I would like this not to be a constant fight, but this time around, it very much has been. Six pounds lost (sometimes more, sometimes less), took something like 3 months, and has been wretchedly difficult. 

I'm not giving up. This week is going to be un-good, since we're road-tripping starting Thursday night, but I'm going to give it my best, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment