Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday

Ow. Also, ow! 

I moved a piece of furniture in our living room about a foot yesterday morning, and tweaked something in my right hip/lower back. Not entirely sure which; both hurt. Unfortunately, I had to spend much of the day on my feet in some fashion - helping Elizabeth pack out her apartment, and also cooking dinner for a crowd.

It probably kept me from seizing up completely. But I'm waiting for a bolus of Advil to kick in, and it's taking it's time about it. I have definitely felt better.

On the good news side, last night was the first night I had a full night's sleep in over a week. I suppose one could draw some conclusions from that, but I won't.

I didn't log yesterday's eating but it went like this:
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 6 strips of bacon
  • a Dove brand mint chocolate about 1" square
  • 1/2 pound of smoked turkey with mustard BBQ sauce
  • a smallish handful of potato chips
  • a diet (not zero) Red Bull
  • a skewer of steak and small yellow potatoes - I think I ate about 2-1/2 of the latter
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • brussels sprouts with cranberries and pecans and gorgonzola
  • Thomas Jefferson's vanilla ice cream over peaches - about 2/3 cup of the former over roughly the equivalent of the latter, cut up
  • a bottle of hard cider
Trace ketosis at bedtime, and I would say we worked off the food.  I do think some of my current weight is swelling from the exercise and injury, and maybe some of it is related to some ongoing stomach distress I've been having this week.

We have Elizabeth for 2 more days - they leave for the East on Wednesday morning.  After that, things should quiet down at our house, and I'm hoping to get back into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment