Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday

It may have been inadvisable to take 3 magnesium caplets in less than 12 hours.  I took the first 2 Wednesday night, partly to help with sleep (which worked), and partly to help with constipation (worked, but not by breakfast time on Thursday), and the third one Thursday morning, to give a boost to the constipation thing. And that did work, finally - I lost a pound yesterday, probably all from that mechanism. Which is still operating.

However, I had an interesting side-effect of the latter; by bedtime, my calves were dancing - full-on cramps while I was still awake and up. Seems that I got rid of all the magnesium in the course of losing that pound. So, bedtime last night, I took another one. It helped, but did not completely eliminate the cramping, and when I woke up for an hour or so around 2:00, I could tell I needed to be very careful in how I positioned my feet.

Rebound effect, I guess, or something of that sort. Interesting. I probably need to get some extra salt today.

So, 152.2 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage (2 links)
  • a Jimmy John's unwich with turkey, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, mayo and mustard
  • Soup with leftover pork tenderloin, green chile, chicken stock, and tomatoes (spur of the moment recipe, and quite tasty)
  • 2 pieces of cheese
  • 8-9 salted dark chocolate almonds
  • 1/3 cup cashews
Since this has been "get over the chaos" week, I haven't been tracking anything, but Ketosis was back at Trace last night, down from Medium the night before.

No walking yesterday - it was drizzly and cold last night and we had shopping to do. It is still drizzly and cold this morning - we are promised that it will be warmer this weekend, but I'm not very hopeful.

Eggs and bacon this morning, and stuffed peppers for dinner (no rice). Next week, we will be concentrating on a lot of eating at home, to get back on track. And if the weather is ucky, we'll have to resume our gym trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment