Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday

I ate well and exercised yesterday, so of course my weight is up. 156.0 this morning. Water, of course; I ached so much overnight that I had to get up and take aspirin at midnight, and I know my feet were quite swollen when I got home yesterday. Fingers and ankles are a bit puffy as I write.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • strawberries with heavy cream
  • the usual supplements
  • Jimmy John's unwich with turkey, roast beef, bacon, mayo and mustard (lettuce and tomato, too)
  • cheese - I think 1 piece, maybe 2
  • a very small handful of cashews
  • steak
  • salad with blue cheese dressing and crumbles
  • 2 squares of Lindt 85%
  • 1 tsp honey
That was it. I like these tidy compact lists. Also, I had a little fruit, a few vegetables (the salad had romaine, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini in it).

Before dinner (but after the cheese and cashews), I did a 2-mile walking session on the indoor track at the gym. Completed in just under 26 minutes, which means a 13 minute mile. Since Sunday's walk of the same distance was just under 28 minutes, I shaved a full minute off my 1-mile time. No wonder my legs ached. I'm still tuning the playlist I use for this distance, and thought Sunday's version started too slow, but maybe I should revert just a bit. Or maybe, I try this list one more time, in a couple of days, and see if it's a bit easier on a repeat. It certainly should be.

Apart from being in pain, I guess I slept okay last night - I did dream vividly. Hot flashes continue, sort of, but I'm finding them to be less obtrusive, and that's all good.

And for whatever reason, I'm feeling more in control right now; not getting worked up about the uptick in weight today because I believe it will go down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment