Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday

Eating wasn't too bad yesterday, although well short of perfect, and we ended up not going to the gym, which wasn't good.  Attempting it again tonight. 155.6 again this morning, and fine with that; it's if anything, a stall, since I'm starting to see steady ketones in my evening tests and am having calf fasciculation - fortunately, fairly mild so far, with no cramping - in the evenings and mornings at work.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • strawberries - about 1/3 pound, I'd guess
  • two pieces of cheddar cheese
  • 12ish macadamia nuts, eaten because I was hungry
  • mesclun mix with roast beef and cheese and nasty vinaigrette on it
  • the meat and cheese out of half a sandwich
  • 1 piece of cheddar (I think)
  • chips (total of 8) and salsa and guacamole
  • chicken fajitas including bell peppers and tomatoes
  • 1 tsp honey
The chips were my biggest downfall, but once we got home, I managed not to eat anything else until bedtime, which I consider a minor triumph.  As mentioned, I finished off the macadamias I had in my desk around 10:30 due to hunger, and at lunch I disemboweled 2 sandwich halves and ate one on my salad and the other straight. They weren't bad, but it made an odd salad, since both sandwiches had flavored mayo in them, and the cheese on the salad sandwich was pepper-jack, which didn't really go with an overly sweet vinaigrette dressing (which I should have omitted entirely).

At dinner, we allowed ourselves to be persuaded to go to Santiago's instead of eating meat-and-leaves and going to the gym. We aren't very strong-willed, apparently. But I did keep the chip count low.

Another good night's sleep that took a while to start; I couldn't get my brain to shut down easily and my feet were cold. I am still having hot flashes during the day, but so far (cross-my-fingers) they've eased off at night.

Strawberries with a little drizzle of heavy cream for breakfast; I would have preferred bacon and eggs, but we slept in a bit. I have no food worth the name in my desk; could eat some coconut oil, I guess, if things get bad well before lunch - and I will. Unwich or salad for lunch and we will go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment