Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday

I think I'm having stupid carb cravings again; I was struck by a need for M&Ms yesterday afternoon, and went downstairs to the machines and ended up buying a large vending bag of trail mix.  This, on the heels of two days' straight hoovering up of chocolate blueberries. I don't know if it's stress or hormones or both, but I would certainly like better mastery of it.

157.0 this morning; is anyone really surprised?  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • cheese
  • salami
  • trail mix
  • macadamias
  • burger with cheese embedded in it
  • tomato slices
  • pickle slices
  • potato salad
  • about 2 potato chips
  • a row of a TJ's 73% chocolate bar
  • 1 tsp honey
That's a long damn list. No wonder I'm gaining weight. Lee keeps packing me a "lunch", and I don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him either to knock it off or to reduce the serving size - yesterday, it was 3 largish hunks of cheddar and about 12-15 slices of salami; today it's just the salami, but a huge slab. I've put it in the work fridge today, and plan on only eating it if I'm actually hungry at some point - which I doubt I'll be, because he's gone back to making breakfast as well. I hope he finds a job soon - anything.

I'm reading more and more about the benefits of resistant starch (RS), and while I'm not entirely sold, I may try it in SMALL quantities again. I have also purchased a bottle of soil-borne organism probiotics - so not entirely lactobacillus, which don't colonize the large intestine, and took some this morning. So far, while I'm feeling some turbulence in my gut, I'm not seeing any bad effects - apparently this stuff works very n=1.

Sleep was a bit dicey last night; took a while to get there, and I woke at 3:30 and was awake until 5. I'm a bit tired this morning. Still, it was quality sleep, so I could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment