Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday

I cannot win. I cannot break even. And last night, I wasn't even allowed to play the game. Sleep was great, actually - from 9:30ish to 1:19 am. When I woke up feeling like it was morning - at least 4, if not later. Nope - just menopause effing with my mind. At 3:13, I was still awake, although Lee says I fell asleep soon after that. Still, that missing 2 hours is brutal; I hurt all over and am clumsy and stupid this morning. Good thing I don't have to commute, I guess. I'm not sure how to fix this - we've ruled out melatonin, the hormone stuff didn't make a dent, and I can't take benadryl every night. Even the honey is failing me for sleep continuity; what I do get still seems to be quality sleep. All I can think to do is to swear off the iPad after dinner - with Twitter and Facebook and Pinterest all gone for Lent, it isn't providing me with much to do anyway - I play solitaire, and I can skip that, for certain. I will try switching to real books at night.

Anyway, I'm at 155.0 this morning, and was in Moderate ketosis again last night.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • salami
  • macadamias
  • pot roast (came in a box, but no flour or weird stuff)
  • smashed cheesy cauliflower
  • 1 tsp honey
I was stuffed after dinner, so I didn't have anything else to eat that I can think of - maybe more cheese, but that would be it. Looking above, I'd say it was great for fat and protein and maybe needed a bit more plant matter; we should have had salad as well. Nonetheless, I will be working on continuity more today; started right with eggs and bacon.

Yesterday was difficult; I think the benadryl buzz transitioned seamlessly into low-carb flu, and I was glad to head home. I don't know if today will be a repeat, but I think I will be okay by Monday in any event.

No real exercise at all yesterday; it was snowy out so I didn't even get my short walk in. Today should be better, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment