Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday

I got a lot done this weekend, although sleep was not one of those things.  Cleaned out another garden bed - 2 bags of leaves and sticks - and made another skirt - 2 down, 1 to go there. So I didn't eat much, and it was mostly good.  155.2 this morning, which is more than Friday, but less than yesterday. I suspect some muscle work inflammation, mostly. I was at 154.2 on Saturday morning, and saw a Moderate ketosis Friday night, followed by 2 days of Trace.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs with green chile and cheese
  • bacon - 4 pieces, I think
  • cheese
  • steak with garlic gorgonzola butter on it
  • green beans
  • 1/3 of a portion of creme brulee (not very sweet)
  • a glass of pinot noir
  • walnuts - several handfuls
I opted not to do honey last night, since it's not been working all that well lately.  Both Friday and Saturday nights were broken near or before midnight with a 2+ hour period of being awake, which was brutal. Instead, I opted for a single Advil PM, to help with aches and pains and sleep all at once.  Better than doing 2; I woke once at 1:30ish, mad that it wasn't a lot later, but sensibly decided to go back to sleep - and was able to, almost immediately, without audio. I woke again at 5:22, I think. Not bad. I know I slept through hot flashes - had a partial awareness (not sure it qualified as being awake) that I was sweating a lot, but it didn't wake me up. I may just have to resort to the single Advil PM every third night or so, to cope for a while - not ideal, but it's sleep. For the record, I crashed around 8:30 last night and was well asleep before 9:00. I was a bit groggy this morning, and had a RedBull on the way to work - not Paleo, I know, but sometimes helpful. It was the total zero version, which is no-carb.

The gardening on Saturday was good exercise, although my FuelBand died in the middle of it, so I don't know exactly how good. Ah, well.

Back to very high fat today - salami and macadamias, and LC pizza for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment