Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wednesday

Advil PM night last night, so I slept through with a brief awakening at 2:40 to go to the bathroom. It was triggered by a night-sweat episode, and I'm sure I had other night sweats last night, so I'm starting to wonder if maybe certain of these are accompanied by a mini panic attack - a flood of adrenalin - and that's what makes it so hard to get back to sleep ordinarily, and why other times, I'm able to roll with it. I don't know, and since whatever-it-is happens just before it wakes me up, I can't say that I ever will know. But something to think about.

Anyway, I'm feeling shaky, achy, and lethargic this morning - not entirely sure the better living through chemistry option is really delivering. And the weight is up to 155.8 today, after Small-Moderate ketosis last night and not a lot of eating. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms
  • two hunks of coconut oil - maybe 2 tsp total
  • salami - probably about 10-12 slices (Lee's portioning it, and being too generous)
  • 3 macadamia nuts (I wasn't much hungry)
  • cashews - out of the jar, so probably more than a single handful, but not much more - by dinnertime, I was starving, but was waiting on Elizabeth to get home
  • hamburger patty (Omaha steaks, not grassfed)
  • a zucchini's worth of zoodles with sour cream, butter, and Parmesan
  • a slice of swiss cheese (before dinner, I think)
Since we ate dinner close to 7:00, I didn't have anything else to eat after. My ankles and feet are a bit puffy, and the achiness indicates some inflammatory stuff going on, but man, is this getting discouraging.

Today has started with another Red Bull - not a great pattern to get into, but at the moment, it's allowing me to function. As usual, I will keep having these hot flashes until I don't - and there's no predicting when that will occur. Total suckage.

No comments:

Post a Comment