Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday

While I don't know if I'm still in ketosis (recent tests would indicate maybe not), I had the ketosis busy-fidgets all weekend and got a lot done.  Raked up all the dog poo in the back yard. Bagged and froze pounds and pounds of meat. Made curtains for the kitchen. Made most of a skirt. Helped (a little) Elizabeth get things set up in her new house. It was good to get things accomplished.

One thing that has helped is having had some sleep. I went back on melatonin late last week - maybe Friday night, actually - and while it isn't granting me uninterrupted bliss for 8 hours, it is allowing me to stay mostly asleep while dealing with the temperature fluctuations - and I'm no longer waking up at midnight thinking it's morning. I'll take it. Friday, I was so tired, I slept through a one-hour radio alarm. It was definitely adding to my stress, and I think I have enough stress these days. 

156.0 this morning, not good. I have just about decided that my weight is in the hands of the hormones, and that all I can really do is concentrate on eating healthy, hoping at some point that things settle down and I can get rid of the 15 pounds I've regained. Healthy eating for me means pretty darn low-carb, fat, meat, and veg, and a little fruit. So that's the plan for now. I think that the whole weight loss failure of late has also been adding to the stress. I have not felt healthy.

All that said, I didn't eat very healthy this weekend; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (I think???)
  • bacon
  • cheese
  • about 3 potato chips
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce
  • tomato-cucumber salad with italian dressing
  • low-carb focaccia "bread" (i.e., pizza crust served without the toppings - and it worked)
  • FAILFAILFAIL - half a carton of chocolate covered blueberries
I didn't bother with honey last night, for obvious reasons, although I have resumed it as well (and am getting the concomitant "entertaining" dreams). I decided, for all the wrong reasons, to open the chocolate blueberries and have a few, and for even worse reasons, took the carton into the living room with me - and just mindlessly ate my way through half of it. Stupid, especially as after about 1/3 of the container, they didn't even taste good - too sweet. 

Chicken for dinner tonight, and I brought the leftover meatballs and salad for lunch. I had some turkey sausage this morning, and will probably eat some macadamias. Saturday was a good exercise day - with the poo-raking, I hit my FuelBand goal. It snowed yesterday, so I didn't get anywhere near it.

No comments:

Post a Comment