Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday

So, is 3:30 am yesterday or today? I was up at that hour having a teaspoon of honey in an effort to get back to sleep.  Not sure if it worked or not; I fell asleep about an hour later, I think, but it's possible I would have done that anyway. Woke up at 2:30 - the usual thing. I also woke at 10:30 and was able to get back to sleep quickly. So I'm working on something slightly less than 6 hours sleep today and, while I'm not quite at the end of my rope, it's certainly visible from here. Ugh.

155.0 this morning; moderate ketosis last night. Here's yesterday (through 3:30 this morning):
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • red bull total zero
  • salami
  • macadamias
  • low-carb pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms - 3/8 of it
  • a slice of swiss cheese
  • a handful of olives
  • the aforementioned teaspoon of honey
No exercise yesterday, and by bedtime, I was quite tired; I think I fell asleep pretty close to 9:00, which is how I can get even close to 6 hours. I had scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms for breakfast, salami and macadamias to eat at work again, and probably will have burgers and zoodles for dinner.

And I have coconut oil in my drawer here. Maybe a little MCT would help me function today.

Quite apart from screaming exhaustion, I am starting to feel the benefit of the ketosis - my brain is feeling sharp and focused and competent. So that's a good thing. 

Off to eat coconut oil. Wish I actually liked the taste of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment