Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday

159.2 this morning. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, and need to change. Unfortunately, my fear is that what I'm doing wrong is going through menopause, and what needs to change is for that to stop - something over which I have no control. I really don't know what to do. All I can do, I guess, is eat as healthy as possible and hope that it's enough, and that when I finally finish this torment, maybe my metabolism will stabilize. Or something.

I'm sticking with the gut bugs. Adding some "safe starch" in a state I hope includes some resistant starch (e.g., cold potato salad) to feed them. More fruit and veg - but not to excess. Oh, what does it matter? This is more or less what I eat, anyway. 

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, plus SBO probiotics
  • olives
  • pulled pork with cole slaw
  • a pickle spear
  • brats
  • more cole slaw
  • sauerkraut
  • potato chips
  • 1 tsp honey
I think I had a row of TJ's dark chocolate, but I honestly can't recall eating it, so maybe I didn't.

Sleep was not optimal. I woke up at 2:00 - on the dot, when I checked the time. Took about an hour to get back to sleep, with the usual issues. At least that gave me more sleep afterwards than I was getting when the wake up was at 3:30. 

I'm very frustrated. And I do know that some of this weight is water, but seriously, it's not 20 pounds of water, or even 10. I'm bloated from the gut bugs, though I expect they'll settle down in the next couple of days. What I really want is to get my energy levels up; I'm so tired right now, and I can't get enough exertion in to sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment