Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday

After yesterday's rant, I managed to keep my eating clean and light, and lost a pound of water somewhere - 158.6 this morning. I'm about to embark on a 3-day meeting for work at a hotel (not staying overnight, I'm happy to say), with meals designed by others for mass consumption. However, the snack options should be sorely limited. I brought my other container of soup with me to have as "brunch" before embarking on this "fun" (I hate multi-day "meetings"), and will look for salad-y options as much as possible, I guess. And will not drink at all; I found out last year at this event that HFLC and alcohol are a really bad combination. Planning on soda and lime if I'm trapped in a situation with an open bar - it looks like a G&T and I love the taste.

Anyway, here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, plus a One-A-Day (for men, no iron) multi (seeing if I'm missing some nutrient)
  • Fat Fast broccoli cheese soup
  • two pieces of cheese
  • a big salad with chicken, bacon, avocado, and blue cheese dressing
  • 1 tsp honey
That was it. We ate at the ballfield, watched about 3-1/2 innings (which took over 2 hours - slow game!), and went home to bed. I wasn't hungry, and obviously wasn't bored. Amusingly, I found myself all too interested in the bucket of popcorn being eaten by a woman in the row in front of us, but managed to restrain myself from reaching over and taking some - she kept holding it head-high, and it would have been physically easy.

I slept well last night, although it took a little while to get to sleep and I actually ended up turning the light on and reading a bit to get my mind calmed down. Part of the problem was being cold - once my feet warmed up, I was golden. I am quite sure I had some night sweats last night, and I was cold at sunrise again, but it's not disrupting my sleep. I think I woke up around 2:30 as well, just long enough to realize it wasn't time to get up yet, I'm glad to say.

I did not get out at lunch for a walk. I should have, but I didn't. And hiking around the ballfield looking for the salad place didn't do much to ameliorate the lack. I will try to get outside during the meetings, but in the past, that hasn't been very doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment