Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday

Another not so great night's sleep last night. Just when I think I have things somewhat under control in one area, they squeeze out somewhere else. Woke up once thinking it had been a full night's sleep; not yet midnight. Woke up again, and it was 3:30 am and the dog was doing some pre-whining - noises not quite a whine, but enough to wake both of us up with the awareness that a whine was forthcoming. So I got up to go to the bathroom, and Lee let her out. I know I was mostly awake an hour later, but not much after that, and I think I did the fitful-doze thing in between times, and slept at least through about a half-hour worth of radio alarm. All this after taking 10mg of melatonin rather than 3; go figure. Red Bull on the way to work this morning and I'm functional.

For the record, the hot flashes do appear to be diminishing as tangible events; what seems to be occurring mostly is some wide and non-circadian swings in body temperature, so I warm up shortly after falling asleep in the first place, and when morning comes, I'm absolutely freezing at the core. I certainly hope that this is indicating the end of this bout, but I don't think I'm holding my breath just yet.

157.0 again today; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage
  • the usual supplements, plus the SBO probiotic
  • salami
  • macadamias
  • steak
  • caesar salad, no croutons
  • green beans
  • a row of the TJ's 73% cacao bar
  • 1 tsp honey
I think that was it; whatever carb cravings I had the day before seem not to have been in play last night, for which I am grateful. I spent some time hunting down an audiobook to try listening to on my commute, to make it less of a complete waste of time; found a free version (libra vox) of Moby Dick, which I had started to read via eBook, and had it going this morning - good stuff! I'm hoping it will cut down on the stress of spending at least 2 hours a day on the road. It has to be better than talk radio these days.

Returning to eating and weight and what-not, I was NOT in ketosis last night, but I'm having fasciculation in my calves this morning and a bit last night, so feel like the ketone metabolism is still going and I might yet save it. Olives this morning on top of the Red Bull, and I'm trying out a BBQ lunch truck for lunch - pulled pork and cole slaw. I have not yet broached the potato starch; the SBO probiotic supposedly contains some prebiotic fiber in the capsules, so as long as I get some (soluble fiber or RS or something) in my diet somewhere, I have hopes that the flora will settle in and colonize a bit. Lee's taking them too - somewhat reluctantly, because his pile o' supplements at breakfast is much larger than mine - and since he eats bananas and things like sweet potatoes, I'm not going to worry about him failing to provide anything for the little buggers to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment