Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday

I woke up this morning feeling like I was a water balloon.  I still do. My hands don't look like inflated surgical gloves, or even Mickey Mouse's hands, but they feel like that - large, spherical base with puffy fingers sticking out at angles that can't be overcome by force. Possibly the real reason I've had to do a lot of corrections to my typing this morning. 157.4. Inflammation is weird. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • strawberries with cream
  • 2 pieces of bacon
  • the usual supplements (extra fish oil and turmeric)
  • about 14 green olives
  • a piece of cheddar
  • 3 Fuzzy's ground-beef tacos, no shells
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 1 tsp honey
So, back to as high-fat a diet as I can cobble together. I think it worked last week, and if I were at the office 4 days this week, I would have made more broccoli soup. As it is, I'm only here 2 days this week, so I'm getting along with high-fat snack foods: olives yesterday and macadamias today.

I can't say for sure, because of the water retention I'm experiencing at the moment, but I think I may have the cashew thing under control. I have a nicely sized 1/2 cup plastic storage container, and I don't quite fill it to the top, and take it away from the source. Usually, one of those a day is enough for me. I could probably shift from cashews to macadamias, but wouldn't want to eat more than a half-full container at any given time.

Not much exercise yesterday; I did a little gardening after dinner, just cleaning up after the hailstorm. And putting away a ladder. I certainly didn't approach my goal in fuel points for the day. Sleep was really good, but one of those good-enough-for-more nights; I woke up very unwilling to move. At bedtime last night, to prevent a repeat of the night before, I took 2 fish oil, 2 turmeric, and 2 aspirin. It seems to have worked on the pain, but certainly didn't get rid of the inflammation.

No comments:

Post a Comment