Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday

Really good weekend; I got tons of stuff done, the weather mostly cooperated, and I'm in a better mood than I was much of last week.  Eating? So-so. Yesterday morning, I was startled to see 155.4 on the scale after a labor-intensive Saturday. This morning, I saw 157.0. I think the earlier reading was accurate (it was 156.4 Saturday morning), but all of my joints are swollen up today. My feet are all good though - nice and skinny ankles. 

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (extra fish oil for inflammation)
  • scrambled eggs with mushroom, bacon, and cheese in
  • cheese (6 pieces?? maybe only 4)
  • peanuts (oops - a lot, and very salty ones)
  • dark chocolate - 2 squares of Lindt 85%
  • potato chips - about 4 small ones
  • two chocolate covered peanuts, I think
  • ham - about 5 slices 
  • mashed cheesy cauliflower - a lot
I was exhausted by 8 pm and my lower back was bugging me, so I went to bed, took a melatonin but no honey, and was out cold within only a few minutes. I can't say I slept like a rock because I woke up at midnight and again at 4:50, but I slept pretty well.

Gardening provided all the exercise this weekend; I did not walk. More cleanup, and planting stuff this weekend - beans, cucumbers, carrots, tomato plants, herb plants, flower seedlings. I finally got the rest of the rose garden cleaned up - including pulling off some black netting we'd put up to help vines climb the fence - it worked, but became a nuisance. Anyway, I got all of the dandelions and thistle plants pulled (probably not eradicated), ripped out the mint we could see (there will be more) and got a bunch of lawn grass pulled out. It looks quite a bit better now. Oh, and I got the strawberry box fenced in - it should be rabbit-proof now, although not bird-proof - I need to put some netting over it.

I'm not getting hung up about the weight. Not entirely sure what the deal is, as usual. I have cream of broccoli soup for lunch from the Fat Fast cookbook, and will be working on having high-fat food this week. See if that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment