Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday

I thought I got some sleep last night - apart from a noisy thunderstorm between 10 and 11 pm, I didn't wake up until after 4:30 - but I'm a bit groggy this morning.  Slightly achy, but better than yesterday; the area on my feet that acts like modeling clay is much smaller. 155.6 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs with ham and mushrooms and garlic powder and probably cheese
  • the usual supplements (extra fish oil and turmeric)
  • fat-fast broccoli cheese soup
  • cheese (4 pieces total, I think)
  • cashews - about 3/4 cup (2 handfuls)
  • 4 salted chocolate almonds
  • 1-1/2 tbsp butter (unsalted - not as good as salted eaten alone)
  • 1 tsp honey
I added the butter after finishing the book The Big Fat Surprise, which provided a very enlightening history of the country's current low-fat conventional wisdom and how it got that way (along with some seriously creepy side effects of trying to replace natural animal fat in manufactured and restaurant foods). Good read - and had the effect of making me go eat butter on its own, as a health food.

No exercise to speak of yesterday - well, none at all, really. I got home, snacked a bit of dinner, read, and watched TV. Hot flashes are down a bit from a couple of days ago, I think, and weren't disruptive last night, which may have been because the thunderstorm cooled things down. Ketosis was hovering between Trace and Small; I would really like to get it into Moderate for a couple of days, or even High, just to see if I can. I'd tend to guess I'm not eating enough fat, but I don't really know. Thinking seriously about getting Phinney and Volek's book next; supposedly they provide a lot of how-to info.

No comments:

Post a Comment