Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday

Can. This. Week. Get. Any. Longer?

My boss is on vacation. I'm being him (which may be the least of my burdens this week, truly). We have had one deployment already, with another scheduled today (meaning, no rest for the weary; these run late). I've had multiple requirements review meetings to attend. And other meetings. And a team lunch. And everyone wants to talk to me about something. And the dog has been sick the past two nights. And my heels got blisters on them from walking too fast. And my sister is in a swivet because her daughter wants to enlist in the Marines instead of going to college and wants us to talk about it.

Is that all? I don't know. I'm so tired I can barely see. I just need it all to stop.

Wow. I guess I hadn't realized how stressful life is right now, and I think what has been keeping me saner up to this point is that I haven't had so many meetings. As a strongly typed Introvert, being in meetings is pushing the limits of torture as defined by the Geneva Convention, and this week has been nothing but meetings. No down time during the workday to speak of, and not much at night.

Lee just called with a question that I didn't have an answer to, and when I suggested Elizabeth might, his response ("she's at work") set me off big time. I nearly bit his head off - through the phone line. It was a misunderstanding - he thought I was suggesting that she might have something in her possession that he was looking for and I was suggesting that she might know where it was - but it illustrated to me that I really am right on the ragged edge right now.

157.4 this morning. Feet and ankles so swollen that they're actually stiff, as were my fingers first thing. I'm not sure what was so inflammatory, but I got into something for sure. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • 2 turkey sausage links
  • olives - maybe 10
  • hot and sour soup
  • Mushu chicken, no pancakes (chicken, cabbage, egg, sauce)
  • 1 tsp honey
I wasn't particularly hungry after dinner, and didn't have time to snack before it; we left to eat so quickly that I didn't even get to change clothes. Once we got home, after a follow-on stop for Lee and Elizabeth to get ice cream, I watched educational videos until bedtime, and then slept somewhat well until the dog started needing to go outside. At which point I realized I'd been sweating and was now not just cold but damp. Lovely.

I think I need some serious me time - preferably in a dark closet. I really hope I manage to get some this weekend, or I will be a basket case by the end of Monday (another all-meeting day).

The heel blisters are disconcerting - just a little painful and made worse by our evening walks, which is not good. I need to walk; the Bolder Boulder is in less than 3 weeks. I need not to have blisters by the time it goes off. Which means not walking, I guess. 

Eggs and sausage for breakfast again today, and I have a single serving of macadamias with me to eat. Steak for dinner - or it gets fed to the dogs. Should I be losing weight on what I'm eating right now? Absolutely. Am I? Apparently not (hard to tell at the moment, really). Any idea why? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment