Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday

I am not going to get over-confident here, but am happy to see 155.0 this morning. Given that I haven't seen this number in a while, My hope is that my eating this past week is a pattern that provokes weight loss for me in my current hormonally messed-up state (and that if the stupid menopause ever settles down, I can revert to something slightly less low-carb (more veggies, fruits, and nuts, anyway - not jonesing for toast or anything like that).

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey sausage (2 links)
  • fat-fast cream of broccoli soup
  • cheese (2 pieces)
  • salad with smoked turkey and blue cheese dressing
  • 2 squares Lindt 85%
  • 1 tsp honey
Ketosis at bedtime was closer to "Small" than "Trace" but still between the two. If that's working, great. But I will continue to shoot for it to go higher.

No exercise yesterday, lots of stress, sleep last night was adequate. I've had a RedBull this morning trying to get awake; I'm kind of groggy. Hangover from a 10mg melatonin? Low Carb flu? Reaction to a hellish work month? I'm not sure but I needed to be awake-er than I was at first, and the tea wasn't doing it.

Memorial day weekend coming up; planning on working outside, getting sun when I can, doing an Indy 500 project (probably painting stuff), and, of course, the Bolder Boulder on Monday. So there should be a lot of fresh air and sunshine and movement. And rest. I'm hoping to get back my mental capacity by Tuesday morning, somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment