Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday

Saturday: 154.2, Sunday: 154.8, Monday: 154.4.  And today? 156.0. I know why; I'm swollen and achy from the Bolder Boulder yesterday. I was hoping the number would be lower, but it is what it is. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • coconut-milk smoothie with protein powder, vanilla, raspberries, and cocoa powder
  • olive oil potato chips (1 bag)
  • 2 Michelob Ultra beers
  • 1/2 pound smoked turkey
  • cashews (total for the day about 3/4 cup)
  • cheese - a couple pieces, I think
  • a glass of white wine
  • a burger patty with pickles
  • two bratwurst
  • sauerkraut
  • cole slaw
  • vanilla ice cream with berries (strawberries and blueberries)
That was it. A little over the top, especially as regards alcohol, but not too bad. So I expect to see the 154s again here shortly.

The race was fun, as usual. We maintained pretty much a 16-minute mile steadily over the whole course, which wasn't bad since we hadn't trained at all. My vibrams continued to bug my heels a little; I think I have a mild blister on one of them - on the bottom of the heel surface. Not sure why this pair does that, when my other ones mostly didn't (unless dirty).

Fuel points were through the roof - nearly 5000 for the day, I think. And that included a nap. The race as a session completed my daily point goal all by itself.

As for today - strawberries, cream, and bacon for breakfast, olives for lunch, no idea what for dinner. But I want to get right back into the groove here, so it will probably be a big-ass salad of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment