Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday

Well that was just weird.

I took the honey at 8:21 last night, prior to bedtime, but not immediately before it.  When we shut off the news and I tried to sleep, at first, I couldn't.  I was fidgety and hot and uncomfortable; my pajamas were velcroing themselves to the sheets, and I decided, after about 15 minutes of squirming in hot and sweaty discomfort, that the honey wasn't going to help me.  I put something on the iPod and got to sleep.  I recall waking once, around 2 am, but being able to get to sleep again pretty quickly.  

Around 4:30, I woke up again with this amazing feeling of well-being. I had the sense that the sleep I'd just woken from was different somehow, richer, if that makes any sense.  I'd been dreaming a lot, and vividly, to boot, but felt as thought I'd spent the entire night in delta sleep - is that the one where you're just unconscious?  No aches or pains anywhere.  And I have a lot of energy this morning and don't feel achy or groggy the way I have been for quite a while.

It's only been one night, and could definitely be the placebo effect, but I sure hope it's not. 

150.4 this morning.  I was in Heavy ketosis last night.  Wouldn't dare touch alcohol right now.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • turkey bacon (3 links)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • a small handful of small green olives
  • grassfed beef patty (1/3 pound)
  • zucchini spiral noodles with sour cream, butter, and parmesan
  • two pieces of cheese
  • 1 tsp of raw local honey
Obviously, I'll try the honey again for tonight - and probably nightly for a week. 

I'm doing something else that may prove interesting.  Somebody posted a 30-day plank challenge on Facebook, which I think I'll try.  Started last night at 20 seconds, which turned out to be a pretty darn long time.  I think it adds 5 seconds a day, 6 days a week, until you reach 270 seconds (4-1/2 minutes).  I would like better core strength, so it's worth a shot.  But I did it rather late last night - just prior to having the honey - and I think I will try to do it earlier in the evening, so it doesn't interfere with any sleep benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment