Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday

Oh, how I do love being in ketosis.  I got so much done over the weekend, it was crazy.  Saturday involved shopping and a high-school football game nearly 90 miles away, and dinner at home (taco salads); yesterday I made a valance for the kitchen window, altered a skirt, fixed the neck of Elizabeth's new dress so it wouldn't gap open when she sits down, washed walls and scrubbed countertops, did a bit of laundry, watered plants, made dinner for last night and another for tonight.  I had that fidgety energy that ketosis gives me, and just went to town with it.

151.0 this morning, thank you very much.  Finally got the water out.  I am going to stick with this very low carb approach for the indefinite future - once I laid out all of the things that had become "okay to eat" in the past 2 years or so, it was obvious that, while hormones might have played a role in a 10-pound gain, they weren't the prime suspects.  

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • cheese
  • salami
  • walnuts (probably 1 handful total)
  • roast beef (pastured rump roast)
  • green beans
  • salad with vinaigrette dressing
  • two squares of maltitol-sweetened dark chocolate (supposedly 2 net carbs for 3 pieces)
  • a handful of cashews
That was it. Lots of individual items, I guess, but in reasonable quantities (e.g., the salami was 4 slices total).  We are having Paleo shepherd's pie for dinner tonight - with the cauliflower topping. And going to the gym, probably first. 

Sleep is still a bit cruddy; even with an Advil-PM last night I woke up a couple of times.  Hot flashes come and go - either I'm getting used to them, or they are becoming less frequent.  Still annoying, though.

And it's return-to-standard-time week.  Usually this about kills me, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I don't feel draggy so far, which may be a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment