Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday

Good weekend; I was able to continue the VLCHF eating approach even when faced with a Mexican restaurant dinner last night.  And, even better, I got a full night's sleep Saturday night - no waking episodes that I can recall - and if I can't recall them, even if they occurred, they don't count.  Last night, not so much; I was fighting the hot flashes multiple times, and we had an attack of cat - she'd been unable to be on our bed the previous 2 nights because Elizabeth's dog was there, and spent last night laying where my feet wanted to be, walking up and down the bed, and generally disrupting things. Even so, the quality of sleep I got between waking episodes was good.  Sticking with the honey.

148.8 this morning, which is down from yesterday and up from Saturday (which was 148.6). Encouraging, to say the least.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • ham, cheese, and tomato omelet
  • bacon
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • cup of green chile
  • cheese, I think
  • chicken fajitas with pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole, no tortillas
  • 1 teaspoon of honey
I think we're having chicken soup tonight, after a gym trip.  

In addition to all this, I've been doing a 30-day plank challenge, and have completed day 5, which was a plank of 40 seconds.  Today is a rest day, and then we're up to 45 seconds tomorrow.  Not easy, and I've not noticed the strength gains from the honey there, anyway.  Maybe in getting out of chairs; that seems easier to me just now.  

So, things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment