Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday

Well, huh.  151.4 this morning.  Any idea why?  No!  Water, I'm pretty sure, based on how badly my shoes fit today, and how much I ache head to toe.  There was a lot of salt in the dip.  Here's the list:
  • 1 scrambled egg
  • tea with cream
  • 1/4 cup guacamole
  • bell pepper
  • a half cup of sour cream dip
  • 1/4 cup butter roasted pecans
  • pizza top from 4 slices 
  • 3 pieces of cheese
That was it, but it was actually more food than Monday.  Sheesh!  The breakdown is like this:
  • 1608 calories
  • 142g fat (77%)
  • 29g carbs (7%)
  • 66g protein (16%)
So, improved ratios, but not the low calories.  I guess I should have skipped the cheese at the end; it would have pulled the calories below 1300 and the protein below 50 grams.  Still, I can't help thinking that I should be in ketosis now, and pretty strongly at that.  I can report improved sleep - if the cat had slept calmly instead of roaming the bed all bloody night, I'm not sure I would have awakened at all.  I don't know for sure that the sleep is due to ketone bodies; I've been trying hard to get maximum sun exposure on the drive in (a little cold and breezy to put the windows down, but I have no tinting and drove in yesterday without sunglasses), and that might also have something to do with it.

The plan today is to drink water more, maybe get outside mid-day (it's finally starting to warm up sort of), and keep at it.  If nothing else, I'm getting a very low carb diet just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment