Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday

I got sleep last night, aided by the ever-helpful Advil PM.  Not the way I'd like to get sleep, but I'm not in a position to be picky.  As a result, I'm feeling kind of floppy this morning.  It will pass, I suppose.

152.2 this morning.  I didn't eat all that well last night, but a bit better than Monday.  I'm giving some serious thought to getting back into strong ketosis for a variety of reasons, but to do that, I need to have a plan for what I intend to eat.  And I don't yet.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • strawberries (a sandwich bag full - less than 1/2 pound)
  • shrimp in garlic butter
  • rice
  • cheese
  • macadamia nuts
  • a couple of almond-flour crackers
  • 8 malted milk eggs
That was it.  I'm thinking for true ketosis, I need to increase the fat and reduce the carbs to near zero.  To adjust yesterday toward that goal, I would have to:
  • eliminate the fruit and rice and candy
  • add fat - more macadamia nuts, olives, avocado, probably - or butter on meat
  • fill in for bulk with non-starchy veg
So instead, it should look like
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • macadamia nuts or olives (and for what it's worth, I have another bag of strawberries with me today)
  • shrimp in garlic butter
  • green beans or spinach or a salad or asparagus or sauteed mushrooms
  • cheese
  • more macadamia nuts or olives 
  • almond flour crackers
Maybe that's how I arrive at a plan - critique the previous day's eating and make it more ketosis-promoting here, and use that information to guide me going forward.  2 cups of whole strawberries, for the record, are 22 grams of carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment