Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday

On Friday, I read a review of the Fat Fast Cookbook on the Fat Head website, and because I was primed for it, bought it.  Great decision - and I'm now doing a several-day fat fast, armed with the butter roasted pecans from the cookbook.  I kept the weekend very low carb and/or fat-fast oriented, although I don't think I hit the parameters for a true fast yesterday, quite.  As a result, I'm back down to 150.6 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • 3 scrambled eggs
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • two sliced tomatoes
  • 1/3 cup walnut pieces
  • 2-3 butter roasted pecans
  • hamburger patty with about 1/3 cup guacamole
  • 3 hunks of swiss cheese
I think that was it.  As I thought, it didn't quite hit the fast category (1000 cal, 90+% fat); I was at 70% fat, 25% protein, 6% carbs, and over 1500 calories for the day.  Still, the pattern was right, and I got the carbs way down, which was good.

We skipped breakfast this morning; the dog was up at 2:30 am throwing up again.  I wish I knew what she was getting into, but something in the back yard has her addicted, and we can't find it.  Very annoying.  I'm going to eat several small quantities of the pecans - or macadamias that I already had at work - throughout the day, and see how that goes, then have a modest dinner, probably meatballs with spaghetti sauce or something like that.

Anyway, the cookbook has some very intriguing ideas for getting one into nutritional ketosis, and some tempting looking recipes - and I have to say that the pecans are beyond good (the butter browns during the roasting, which just adds to the deliciousness).  And now I'm hungry, so I'm going to go eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment