Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday

Another week, a different menopause supplement.

I ran out of Black Cohosh some time last week, and it appears that maybe it had been helping after all, judging by Sunday night.  Anyway, I went back to the internet yesterday in search of something I'd seen advertised on the Hallmark Channel (I'm thinking the demographic there must be all menopausal women).  Found that it does exist, may be effective (this based on Amazon reviews), and is available at Walgreens, so I stopped on the way home for some - and then bought the Walgreens generic version.  Nothing says "safe and effective" better than the existence of a Walgreens generic version.  Took one on the way home.  Slept like a rock last night with a vague memory of being hot once between 9 and 4:30 am.  One more mild hit after that - but I was awake anyway, thanks to sick dogs - and one nasty one on the way to work.  I have taken a second dose this morning with breakfast, and will continue to watch.  But a promising start.

149.2 this morning, surprisingly.  Not that I mind.  Here's yesterday:
  • Fat-bomb smoothie (coconut milk, protein powder, berries, vanilla)
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with cream
  • a bag of beef jerky
  • filet mignon with blue cheese and butter
  • salad with ham and blue cheese dressing
  • a bag of Lays
  • a few cashews
I wasn't particularly hungry yesterday; don't know if it was due to the coconut milk or exhaustion or what.  I had another smoothie for breakfast today, for convenience, generally.  Taco salads tonight for dinner - that's the plan, anyway.

Oh, and I'm flashing again.  Dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment