Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday

First, I declare that the hot-flash issue is under control.  I'm down to maybe 1-2 per day, quite mild, no sweating, just a vague feeling that I'm a bit overheated.  Big improvement.

However, my sleep is not all that it could be.  I'm fairly certain that this has more to do with gardening at the moment than with hormones; last night I woke up with aches and pains up and down my legs in very weird places.  I'm guessing that it's a combination of muscle teardown and growth from hauling bags of manure and weeding over the weekend, and the change in structure that the Rolfing brought.  If I ached in the old ways, I would recognize it and be able to sleep.  At least, that's my theory of the moment.  

So I'm working on about 4 hours of sleep, I think.  It took a while to get to sleep to start with, and I woke up at 2 am from a very odd and vivid dream that involved a 19th century figure standing in water on the brink of a big drop-off, taking a quick side-step to avoid being hit by a hatchet launched from the other side of whatever body of water it was, and drowning from the weight of his clothes in the water after he fell into the deeper bit.  No idea where that came from, but it brought me up pretty quickly.  To find that I ached from head to toe (literally the latter - the 2nd through 4th toes on my left foot just throbbed), and couldn't easily get comfortable enough to go back to sleep.  I do think I slept after that, but not thoroughly.  Oh, well.  Tonight is another night.

152.2 this morning.  Not terribly surprising; I didn't eat well last week or this weekend.  Here's what I recall of yesterday:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • maybe just the menopause supplement
  • cheese
  • almond crackers
  • salami
  • walnuts
  • pot roast 
  • oven roasted potatoes with Lipton soup on them
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • one or two malted milk eggs (the sugar fast is slowing down, I'd say)
I was also 152.2 yesterday morning, for what that's worth.  Planning on salad with meat in it for dinner, and I fasted breakfast, because I've eaten something that my gut flora doesn't much like and I thought I'd give it a day off.  Also to get 15 minutes more not-being-up this morning.  I have some macadamia nuts with me for snacks, if things get bad - they're nearly pure fat, so I'm hoping they'll be satiating.

Looking at things dispassionately, I'd say that I'm doing a lot of emotional/boredom eating right now.  If I can find a way out of that, I think I'll be able to shed a few pounds, but it's being difficult.  But I'll keep it in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment