Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday

So I think yesterday was the last day before a renewed pursuit of ketosis.  Interestingly enough, I had vestigial leg cramps yesterday, despite a diet absolutely larded with carbs.  Go figure.  153.2 today; not surprised.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • strawberries (about 1/2 pound)
  • peanuts (a vending bag worth)
  • cheese
  • chips and salsa and guac
  • a hamburger patty with chile con queso on it
  • fries
  • 8 malted milk eggs
I am not finished with the malted milk eggs, but I am going to try my damnedest to act as if.  We skipped breakfast this morning, because last night's dinner (at a Mexican place we probably won't revisit in a hurry) did not sit well with Lee.  I don't seem to have the same issues, but my stomach is happy not to be bothered with digestion so far.  I brought macadamia nuts (1 weighed serving) and dilly beans with me to work - the latter are pickled green beans.  I figured that starts me off with fat and veg for the day, as I intend to eat until this weight shifts a good 7-8 pounds.  My stated goal is to get solidly back into the mid-140s in a way that will cause me to stay there.  Modest and achievable, and a good excuse to drop some bad habits.  In the vein of yesterday's post, here's what yesterday's eating should have looked like:
  • tea with cream (possibly more cream per cup)
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • macadamia nuts or olives or veg-and-dip of some sort
  • cheese
  • carne asada, fajitas without tortillas, or something of that sort - no chips or fries
  • more fatty snax of some sort
Really, not a huge modification; I just need to get back in the mindset of "starchy and sweet carbs are not food".

I took the bold step of skipping the hot flash pill this morning.  I hope I'm right and the storm I went through 2 weeks ago was actually signalling the approaching end of another bout - it's worked that way in the past.  I'm less than keen to keep eating something that mocks estrogen, which these pills do.  I'm also thinking that the black cohosh was working and the storm was what it was preventing.  So I may go back to that if it turns out that this bout is not over yet.  Anyway, we shall see.  So far, so good today; I've actually been a bit cold since yesterday.

Plans for eating later today - I'm thinking a roast chicken and salad and more guacamole - either via purchasing pre-made in the pouch or by making it.  And I may ask the family if we can avoid Mexican restaurants for a few weeks - I think they'll be on board with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment