Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, I hope

Oddly, this week isn't as long as last week, which is good, but it is long.  Another bad sleep night last night - I was awake for about 2 hours, I think, starting around 1 am.  The dog got sick at 4.  I don't think she's really sick, but she keeps eating trash, and has to upchuck it.  Not a good thing.

Anyway, I'm tired and achy.  All over.  I took turmeric and extra fish oil this morning to try to help with that, and have had Advil.  150.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • beef jerky
  • bunless burger with cheddar, green chile, and guacamole
  • french fries (bad me - and probably the source of the inflammation)
  • a bag of Lays (you'd think one dose of potatoes would be enough)
I still can't tell if the new supplement is helping or not.  Overall, I would tend to say I'm not sweating as much - the bouts are less intense, I guess.  But I'm still getting monkey-hammered - 5 or more episodes per day, and similar numbers at night.  It's rough.

One thing I meant to mention that is hopeful.  I had been experiencing tinnitus in my right ear over the past month or so - or at least, it had become noticeable.  I did some reading, and it appeared that Zinc and B-vitamins could help with it, so I added both to my mornings - Zinc daily and B-complex on Mondays.  After about 2 weeks of this, the tinnitus has decreased in volume to the point where I can easily distract myself from it, and at 3 am, when I'm not able to sleep, not listening to a high-pitched whine is a decided improvement.  So a good thing overall - and it was probably indicating another area of missing nutrients.

The other good news is that, while I never meant to put stair-climbing on my list of things to add for Lent, so far, I've kept to my resolve to climb them instead of taking the elevator - even when I feel like limp dead lettuce, as I do this morning.  Not seeing benefits in weight loss, obviously, but some minor strength improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment