Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday

I'm trying to do the fat fast thing.  After logging yesterday, I am not coming very close.  150.6 again today, so it could be worse, but here's the detail:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • two "servings" of butter roasted pecans (so far, so good)
  • meatballs with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese (probably less good)
  • and the big oops - a trial recipe of raspberry cobbler, to see if it would be okay for Easter dessert
A nice short list, certainly.  But it breaks down like this:
  • 1500ish calories (again)
  • 130g fat (70%)
  • 51g carbs (12%)
  • 71g protein (17%)
Which is a pretty well balanced low-carb diet, actually.  But not a fat fast.  Most of the protein (40g) came from the meatballs, no surprise there.  Most of the carbs (35g) came from dessert.  Again, no surprise.  Another trial today.  I have started the day with 1 scrambled egg and about 1/4 cup of guacamole, which turned out to be crazy delicious together, even though the egg started out warm and the guac was very cold.  With tea-with cream, I'm so far at 76% fat, 11% carbs, and 13% protein.  I have a bell pepper and sour-cream based dip with me for one "meal", and pecans for a third, and dinner tonight will be pizza top (pepperoni and cheese, basically).  So I'm hopeful that we will be closer today.

I think this analysis is helpful.  I don't want to go berserk like this all that often, but it helps guide me as I work toward more ketosis and that 10 pounds of weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment