Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday

I think the new anti-hot-flash supplement is sorta-kinda working.  I get them still, but they're shorter and somewhat less intense, which means that sleep is less of an issue - and that's all good.  I got some sleep last night - not enough, and with dear old Daylight Saving Time hitting us, it ended all too soon.  But I feel much better than I did a week ago.  (emit stifled yawn here - oh, well!)

149.2 this morning - a bit surprising, since I spent about an hour last night eating cashews.  In my defense, I had no breakfast yesterday - some cheese throughout the day, and some carrots and ranch dip.  I'm looking for alternatives to the cashews and potato chips; the carrots and dip seem to work pretty well.  As near as I can recall, here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • menopause supplement only
  • cheese
  • carrots with ranch dip (sour cream and ranch mix herbs)
  • pork roast
  • southern style green beans (we have found a total winner of a recipe - made with a ham hock)
  • cashews
Was that really it?  I think it was.  However, the quantities of cheese and cashews were not small.

On the exercise front, we're working off a snowstorm at the moment, so the start of dog-walking evenings is a bit delayed.  As soon as the streets are clear, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment