Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday

Yesterday ended up being about a 16-hour fast followed by a 7-8 hour eating window.  Classic IF pattern, actually.  By bedtime, I had hit "medium" on the keto-stick, a first in a long time.  And, no surprise, at 4:00 am, I had to get up rather abruptly and stomp a cramp out of my left leg.  I'd rather wondered if the rebalancing done by Rolfing would have perhaps caused it to move to my right leg, but apparently not.  150.8 today.  Not a big loss, but, I suspect, a real one.
Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • butter pecans
  • two stuffed peppers (peppers, ground grassfed beef, tomatoes, V8, cheese)
  • 1/3 cup walnuts
  • 1/3 cup cashews
It ended up at 70% fat, 21% protein, 10% carbs, and just over 1500 calories.  Pretty similar to the rest of the week.  

I think today is my last fat fast day.  In general, it has worked pretty well, and I mean to avoid carbs fairly strenuously going forward, since I've regained a ketotic state, and want to stay there for a while.  I'm still feeling a bit low-carb flulike, which would indicate that, while I'm producing ketones, I may not be burning them very well, so I want to give that a couple of days to get caught up.

No breakfast today, due to apathy (the appetite suppressing effects have arrived, I'd say).  I have some fat-fast broccoli cheese soup with me to eat at some point today - made it last night and it's pretty good.  Dinner out, I'd guess, and shopping for Easter cooking, a lot of which will occur tomorrow.  My goal for the weekend is to weigh no more on Monday than I do now, so I will continue to eat pretty low-carb.

The weather is finally hinting that it might be Spring around here.  I hope so - I intend, even if I don't really want, to get out and walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment