Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday

The water, she refuses to leave.  By quittin' time, my feet were starting to resemble an inflated surgical glove, pushing hard against my shoes.  Nowhere near the graduation cruise set of cankles I developed a couple of years ago, but uncomfortable.  This morning, I find that a redistribution has occurred, but shoes are still mildly tight, and my weight has not shifted much: 150.4. 

As seems to be normal for me, I got a bit stiffer throughout the day yesterday and overnight.  Not nearly the post-race stiffness of days past, though, so I'm quite functional.  My shoulders, which seemed quite happy for the entire 6.2 miles, unlike on some earlier walks, got a bit tight last night, making sleep, well, less than restful, since I sleep on my side, and last night, I didn't have one that wasn't painful.

Here's yesterday:
  • strawberries and cream
  • bacon
  • cheese
  • chips (way too many) and salsa and guacamole
  • carne guisada - a dish of beef cut small and cooked with peppers and tomatoes
  • a medium-sized margarita
  • odds and ends of black beans and rice - probably less than a tablespoonful in toto
That was it.  We got home from dinner around 8:30 and fell into bed - obviously, we ate out.  I'm sure dinner didn't help solve my water-retention issues.  Tonight we're going for something a bit simpler, and home-cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment