Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday

I honestly thought I slept well last night.  Now that I've driven in to work, I believe I was wrong about that - I could lay down on my desk right now and nap.  Wow.  Part of it is shoulder pain - they are awful this morning, but the weary-making ache, not a more acute sensation.  But part of it may just be the built up sleep debt of, what is it now, a month? of hot flashes.  I carry on, but today, at least, feels very auto-pilot-esque.  My eyes are watering.

The scale said something like 146.8 or 146.6 this morning, so whatever disappeared over the weekend appears to be somewhat for real.  Or coming back.  I don't know.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • tea with cream
  • the usual (Monday) supplements, plus cucurmin for the shoulders
  • cheese
  • beef jerky (boredom eating)
  • bouillon
  • taco salad with 1/2 pound grassfed beef
  • three chocolate cherries
That was it.  I wasn't into snacking last night, for whatever reason - which is fine with me.  That, and I had boundless energy between about 7 and 9pm.  I would like that rearranged, please - can I have that in the mornings, when I need to be battling traffic and what-not?

I did try something from Art Ayers site last night - put Ben-Gay on my shoulders with the expectation that it would actually reduce inflammation, not just feel good at the time.  Supposedly, this actually happens.  I will be repeating the process nightly for a week or so, to see if it helps.  But maybe not right at bedtime - I was pretty pungent last night, and wearing a t-shirt is just asking for the furnace to light off. 

The flashes are getting sparser and much shorter and less intense - I know I keep saying that, but I think I had 4 of them during daylight hours yesterday, and only one was lengthy enough to be really annoying.  Not sure how the nighttime goes, because I'm (badly) sort of sleeping through them - which would argue towards kinder, gentler flashes as well (or I've got used to the damn things; hard to say which).  I may go out after my haircut tonight and get some evening primrose stuff and/or black cohosh - both non-soy herbs that supposedly help with this crap.  Really trying to avoid soy and the HRT prescriptions I have in my purse, if at all possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment