Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday

Still 148.2 this morning.  Sleep was actually pretty good last night, but I feel weak and achy and a bit bloated, almost like I'm sick.  I would very much like to have slept in.  Temperature fluctuations continue to occur sporadically, but they aren't waking me up any more, and they're nowhere as strong as they were a couple of weeks ago (just wrote "years"; certainly it seems like it's been that long!).  I'm grateful for the sleep; we were out to dinner at a wine-sampling (which was a surprise), and it turned out to be pretty bibulous, as you'll see.  The last time I had more than a single glass of wine, I felt it all night, so things could have been much worse.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • gazpacho with pepper vodka
  • wine (parts of a 4-pour flight of prosecco)
  • salad with flat-iron steak, goat cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette
  • panna cotta with berries soaked in something alcoholic
  • two chocolate cherries, just because
Dinner was delicious, as was the wine; in fact, we're going to get some to have around the house, and for Lee to say that about a sparkling wine is quite a concession, as he is not a fan, generally.  Apart from the alcohol, I think I was pretty paleo.  Lee had a lobster roll (which came on bread, but he got a plate and ate it breadless), and Elizabeth had truffle mac and cheese as an appetizer and pork ribs as an entree.  They had a sort of ice cream sundae (with gelato) for dessert; apparently it was very sweet.  My panna cotta was just right, and whatever the berries had been soaking in was quite tasty.

Weekend to come.  I don't know what we're likely to be up to, although a trip to the movies is on the list somewhere - the Avengers opens (opened, if you're into midnight movies) today.  And our neighbors are having a Kentucky Derby party tomorrow afternoon - I'm bringing some bark with me, which means making it tonight.  Other than that, I think a little puttering is in order, but I don't want to do anything strenuous or repetitive with my right arm - maybe let it rest, for a change.  But some walking would be a good idea; I will shoot for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment