Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday

Good weekend.  The perfect mix of social activities, puttering, and rest.  Sleep was iffy, but I am getting accustomed to that.  We got lots of stuff done, and I feel like the period had a resolution to it - which might have been watching The Avengers, since it happened yesterday afternoon, and was great - in any event, it felt like we had a real weekend.

So.  146.2 or .4 this morning.  Not bad.  Lee decided yesterday to fast until the movie, and I went along in solidarity, although I ended up eating some cheese and salami around noon.  Whatever we did, I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday and very happy to be there.  Taking anti-inflammatories (turmeric/cucurmin) more frequently for my shoulder, and it seems to be helping; I didn't feel quite so crappy this morning, I'm glad to say, because the pain associated with my right shoulder provided the malaise of a bona-fide illness the past couple of days, and had me wondering if all this sweating really had anything to do with age and hormones or not.  We were planting bushes yesterday morning, and I felt outright weak, but realized later that it was pain.  Weird how the brain mixes that up.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • salami
  • chocolate cherries
  • dark chocolate
  • walnuts
  • coconut shards (the dried stuff)
  • lettuce-wrap filling from PF Changs
  • Mongolian beef from the same (sweet stuff there; do they make ANYTHING without sugar?)
  • a very little bit of rice
  • strawberry ice cream
Not much else to add.  Oh, wait, actually, there is.  Elizabeth and I took a 4.5 mile walk on Saturday, and another 2 mile walk with dogs yesterday, both in the 14.5 minute/mile rate range.  So I think we'll be okay for the Bolder Boulder at the end of the month.  Not that we won't keep walking to train, but it's achievable.  So that's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment