Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday

It is - just - possible that the Estroven is giving me the carb munchies.  That would be a bad thing.  On the other hand, it does appear to be reducing the frequency of the hot flashes and improving my ability to stay asleep, which is undeniably a good thing.  Further, the estrogen - I'm assuming this would be true even of phyto-estrogen - should be available to help release fat from fat cells, if I can stay away from consuming alternate forms of bodily energy long enough.  Hard to say.  But I'm feeling better.

Yesterday's eating was a train wreck.  Here it is, in order:
  • strawberries
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (this is still at breakfast, an effort to increase the fat content since we opted away from eggs)
  • strawberries (now we're at lunch - I had a 2-hour meeting in a room full of sandwiches and accompanying stuff)
  • pineapple chunks
  • potato chips - a more generous handful than I intended to grab
  • more potato chips - I went back for seconds
  • cheese (my stock for lunch)
  • more freaking potato chips (leftovers in the coffee area at work - not much left, thank goodness!)
  • possibly a Godiva pearl or two (had a second meeting in the same room, this time, with cookies present.  I managed not to have one)
  • chips and salsa (really?  really.  this is now at dinner)
  • two cheese enchiladas with green chile
  • more chips with the green chile left over
  • some of the rice
  • some of the beans
  • more than 3 pieces of bark, to cap the evening
Ye Gods.  When I went to bed, I had a stomach ache.  I deserved to.  And a scale this morning reading 149.6.  No surprise there.  Yes, I'm sure some of it is water.  Yes, I can make it go away again.  Yes, days like that are rare.  But wow.

Still trying to remember to take advil every 4-5 (waking) hours for my shoulder.  Not entirely successful yesterday because I didn't update the reminder on my phone.  So I need to do that today, because I do think it's helping.  I'm also absolutely positively going to look up the mobility WOD site and see what sorts of things I might do to improve in that area (probably also my knees and hips, while I'm at it).  And, with luck, I will be able to start doing some mild strengthening exercises on it soon, and avoid this sort of thing next year.  It's been a bloody nuisance, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment