Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday

On the whole, I would say that the Estroven is working.  I am much less distracted by thermal episodes this week than I have been in about a month, which is a very good thing.  It does not appear to be helping with maintaining my weight, although there are a number of factors that could be messing with that.  Scale said 150.4 this morning, which is not a number I mean to be seeing for long (and the change won't come from visiting higher numbers, either).

Semi-vacation weekend; about 2/3 of it in Santa Fe.  On the drive down, ate garbage (peanut M&Ms and salt-and-vinegar potato chips).  While there, ate less garbage, but still fairly carby.  On the drive back, ate an entire movie-sized bag of regular M&Ms and drank Red Bull to stay awake.  I will be paying for that, I'm sure.  I have felt better in my life than I do this morning.  Here's what I remember of yesterday's food:
  • omelet with ham, cheese, tomatoes
  • home-fried red-skin potatoes (don't think I ate all of them, but I might have)
  • bacon
  • tea with half-and-half (does no restaurant carry heavy cream for coffee/tea??)
  • the usual supplements
  • salad with apples, goat cheese, and green goddess dressing (good stuff, that)
  • turkey piccata (lemon/caper sauce, probably containing flour - but good)
  • mashed potatoes
  • haricots verts with garlic - sauteed with butter, I think
  • white wine
  • the aforementioned M&Ms
  • the aforementioned Red Bull
I licked my plate at dinner, all but.  It was very good stuff.  So yesterday was sort of a "could be worse" day.  Could have been better, as well.  But I think it's time to get serious and get somewhere between 7 and 9 pounds to disappear.  I'm thinking something along the lines of Salade Nicoise for dinner, and I believe the rest of the family will be good with that, as well.  Possibly a walk after (or before) dinner tonight - the Bolder Boulder is in a week, after all.

Started today out with a piece of cheese and another Red Bull - we got in at 1:30 this morning, so I'm running on 5 hours of sleep right now - good sleep, but good enough for a lot more.  I should add that the Red Bull is not working as well as coconut milk does - I thought about doing a smoothie this morning, but didn't want to take the time to make it.

Ah, well.  Onward and upward.  Get back to the healthier stuff - and focus on the healthiness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment