Semi-vacation weekend; about 2/3 of it in Santa Fe. On the drive down, ate garbage (peanut M&Ms and salt-and-vinegar potato chips). While there, ate less garbage, but still fairly carby. On the drive back, ate an entire movie-sized bag of regular M&Ms and drank Red Bull to stay awake. I will be paying for that, I'm sure. I have felt better in my life than I do this morning. Here's what I remember of yesterday's food:
- omelet with ham, cheese, tomatoes
- home-fried red-skin potatoes (don't think I ate all of them, but I might have)
- tea with half-and-half (does no restaurant carry heavy cream for coffee/tea??)
- the usual supplements
- salad with apples, goat cheese, and green goddess dressing (good stuff, that)
- turkey piccata (lemon/caper sauce, probably containing flour - but good)
- mashed potatoes
- haricots verts with garlic - sauteed with butter, I think
- white wine
- the aforementioned M&Ms
- the aforementioned Red Bull
Started today out with a piece of cheese and another Red Bull - we got in at 1:30 this morning, so I'm running on 5 hours of sleep right now - good sleep, but good enough for a lot more. I should add that the Red Bull is not working as well as coconut milk does - I thought about doing a smoothie this morning, but didn't want to take the time to make it.
Ah, well. Onward and upward. Get back to the healthier stuff - and focus on the healthiness of it.