Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday

I bit the bullet, and bought some Estroven yesterday - it contains soy along with various other patent remedies for female complaints, as it were.  Took one last night and another this morning.  I tend to imagine that it will need to build up in my system for a week or so before things change - maybe longer.  I'll give it the box, although that's 60 days.  If it helps at all, the risks associated with consuming soy will have been worth it.

Had a crazy-busy, productive workday yesterday - I appreciate that after two years of empty boredom.  It also kept me from boredom eating, although I have tended to avoid that with this job anyway.  The scale approved - 148.2 this morning, so apparently a pound or so of water was wandering about yesterday.  Whatever.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements for Monday
  • cheese
  • about 3 Godiva pearls (rationing them just now, we've used up all the refills)
  • a few chips with salsa and guacamole
  • 2-1/2 cheese enchiladas, smothered with green chile
  • a piece of bark
That was it.  We ran errands in the evening, and had my dad over to hide out from a social gathering of a club my mom belongs to, so there wasn't any mindless noshing.  Sleep was not great - I get about 3 hours before waking the first time, am able to get back to sleep easily then, but 2 hours later, have the wake-up that means it.  Finally fell back asleep after 4 am some time, and the alarm goes off at 5:30.  Around 3:30, I turned the ceiling fan up to max speed - and it is very effective at that speed, rather like a jet engine.  I need to remember to do that before bedtime, rather than in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment