Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday

I cannot say that it was the Estroven - heaven knows I was suitable for heating a 10x10' room yesterday, at too many intervals - but I got purt-near a complete night's sleep last night.  Dropped off well before 10, woke once, enough to look and see that it was 1:44 am and fell right back asleep, without audio intervention, and the next thing I knew, it was 4:55.  Close enough.  I will take it.  We had the swamp cooler on, and the ceiling fan in the bedroom is on high and will stay there for the summer, I would guess, so that could have been it.  We shall see.  Maybe I'm just getting used to the new normal.

Scale said 148.8 this morning.  I'm really not fussed about it, although I probably should be - let me get two or three nights of quality sleep under my belt and I'll be able to look about a bit more.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs (the last, as I learned this morning, of the backyard chickens' eggs for a while)
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements, plus Estroven, plus a multi (seeing if that helps with some general tiredness stuff)
  • cheese
  • Godiva Pearls - more than 3, less than 20
  • beef jerky (boredom calling - and I avoided the trek downstairs for Skittles)
  • Chipotle bowl with barbacoa, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole - quite tasty
  • several pieces of the current batch of bark
  • more cheese
When I went to bed, I felt over-full.  I had the munchies yesterday.  Not sure why.  Elizabeth and I walked from home to the Chipotle and back - around 2 miles, round-trip, I think.  Then went shoe-shopping in the car, and finally got home just before 8, so I really needn't have snacked.  Whatever.

I am trying out a week of Advil at regular intervals, for my shoulder - see if I can get the inflammation to settle down enough for the muscles to relax.  I think I have a cycle going right now that might be breakable.  If that doesn't work, I'll have to see an actual doc, I guess, and start talking about PT or something.  That won't be convenient, but Mardi Gras is an annual event, and that's my throwing shoulder, so it needs to work and not be completely cratered by 3 hours of bead-flinging.  The lack of pain (the Advil works and works quickly) may also have helped with my sleep last night.  Or exhaustion - that's always helpful when pursuing quality sleep. 

The people in line at Chipotle - and it was a long line, for some reason - were fat, a majority of them, anyway.  And I'm sure they were all taking pains to eat low-fat stuff and avoid the sour cream and cheese, thinking it would at least slow things down.  Sad, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment