Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday

Better sleep over the weekend - on Friday, I ate a bit of tofu (soy = phytoestrogens), and on Saturday, we both took an Advil PM and slept in until around 8:00.  Much needed, especially as last night I had the ongoing fight with the temperature all bloody night.  But with a couple of nights' sleep behind me, I feel much less like curling up and moaning quietly today.  I guess that's better.

Scale said 149.2 this morning.  Not good.  I ate a lot over the weekend, and we did brunch out yesterday at a place that had a lot of carby stuff in the easily-available food station.  Here's a rough rundown:
  • tea with cream
  • vegetable-enchilada casserole
  • roast potatoes
  • prime rib with horseradish sauce
  • chocolate-covered strawberries
  • bacon
  • sausage
  • salami
  • walnuts/coconut/chocolate (the end of last week's movie-popcorn-substitute)
  • cheese
  • chocolate cherries
  • zucchini (used as noodles for spaghetti sauce)
  • meatballs
  • spaghetti sauce
  • cheese
  • almond-flour bread with garlic butter (not bad, but not as good as bread-bread)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
I think that covers it - and explains today's scale.  We need a week of abstinence, I think, to get things back moving in the other direction.  Maybe a fast day - or maybe not.  I'm reading that fasts are a bit stressful and to be avoided when life is doing the stress thing by itself.  Which, obviously, menopause is doing in spades.

I'm going to buy some over the counter menopause symptom relief, even if it involves soy.  On top of the stress of sweating all day and not sleeping at night, Lee is unhappy these days, which means that he's finding my symptoms an annoyance, and I'm doing a lot of apologizing for stuff beyond my control.  Things cannot continue this way, so I will consume soy, and hope that it helps enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment